Sunday, May 30, 2010

Slovenians Aren't Friends?

It's been a long time since I made a blog post, and in the spirit of the upcoming NBA Finals between the Boston Celtics and the Los Angeles Lakers I have been researching basketball history for a relevant mega-post. However, I couldn't help but notice some interesting chemistry between the Phoenix Suns' Slovenian Point Guard Goran Dragic and the Los Angeles Lakers' Slovenian Shooting Guard Sasha Vujacic. Apparently, these two countrymen don't like each other.

Some amusing online articles about the Slovenian rivals:
Goran Dragic and Sasha Vujacic Star in the NBA's Most Hilarious Rivalry.
Surprisingly, Sasha Vujacic and Goran Dragic are not best friends.
The Slovenian rivalry between Goran Dragic and Sasha Vujacic.

By the way, I got those three articles using Google. And as for the seriousness of the rivalry, I suspect it's hyped up. But it's still totally amusing.

Slovenia is going to start World War III via the NBA Western Conference Finals. Calling it now.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think anyone likes Sasha Vujacic, he has a very aggravating personality.

    I also kind of agree with Goran Dragic that Vujacic not making the national team roster could have something to do with it.

    ReplyDelete